Childrens Centre Information
Pudsey Children's Centre
Telephone 0113 - 3783021
What are Sure Start Children's Centres?
Activities during Baby Week
- Tuesday 10am -12 we have Incredible babies' course (need to book)
- Wednesday 10.30am -11.30am Baby stay and play
- Thursday 10.30am- 11.30am Baby massage (Full)
- Thursday 1.30pm -2.30pm Baby Yoga (Need to book)
Children’s Centres are service hubs where children under five years old and their families can receive seamless integrated services and information. By 2010, every community was served by a Sure Start Children’s Centre, offering permanent universal provision across the country, ensuring that every child gets the best start in life. Pudsey Children's Centre is based at .
These services vary according to centre but may include:
- Integrated early education and childcare.
- Support for parents - including advice on parenting, local childcare options and access to specialist services for families.
- Child and family health services - ranging from health screening, health visitor services to breast-feeding support.
- Helping parents into work - with links to the local Jobcentre Plus and training.
All services activities have these five outcomes at their core.
Be healthy: Enjoying good physical, mental and emotional health and living a healthy lifestyle.
Stay safe: Being protected from harm and neglect and growing up able to look after themselves.
Enjoy and achieve: Getting the most out of life and developing broad skills for adulthood.
Make a positive contribution: Supporting the community, environment and society by engaging in decision making and positive law abiding behaviour.
Achieve economic wellbeing: Engaging in further education, employment or training to support living in households free from low income.
Look out for the Pudsey Children's Centre yellow activity programme at local venues such as GP surgeries, Libraries, schools, Pudsey park etc or contact Sue on 0113 378 3021 for more information on what's going on for you and your family in Pudsey
Children's Centre Staff
Sue Broadhurst - Children's Centre Manager
Wendy Worsnop - Family Outreach Worker 0-5
Qualified Baby Masseur
|Job Centre Plus|
|Leeds Family Hub|
|Community Legal Service|