GDPR - Data Protection
Welcome to our UK GDPR page.
- All staff within Southroyd Primary School take their UK GDPR obligations very seriously and is therefore a main priority across our school.
- We are committed to protecting and respecting the confidentiality of sensitive information relating to staff, pupils, parents and governors.
- Please see below our policies and procedures which set out how your and your child’s data is securely kept and processed within school.
- For specific requests and information, please contact Anna Devine (School Business Manager) who is our UK GDPR lead in school via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our Data Protection Officer (DPO) is John Walker who can be contacted by email; email@example.com.
Southroyd Primary is committed to protecting and respecting the confidentiality of sensitive information relating to staff, pupils, parents and governors. Please read more in the policy document included below
Guidance for members of staff and data controllers are detailed in the "Useful Documents" section. Data protection issues are shared with staff in induction, through the annual handbook process and also through staff standards linked to Performance Management.
What is GDPR?
The GDPR will apply from 25 May 2018. This will affect how schools manage personal data and how this is protected and shared.
Staff training shared the principles of GDPR and reviewed school based protocols for handling child and adult data.
Follow the link for more information GDPR
Data Protection and the GDPR – January 2021
As the UK transitional arrangements expired on 31 December 2020, there are some practical changes for Data Protection and the GDPR.
To comply with the Data Protection, Privacy and Electronic Communications (Amendments etc) (EU Exit) Regulations 2019 please note that every policy, notice and procedural guide that refers to ‘GDPR’ shall now be read as ‘UK GDPR’.
The rights, responsibilities and data protection that the Data Protection Act 2018 and the GDPR are not changed. Our procedures and arrangements will not change.
If you have any queries please contact TRUST/SCHOOL GDPR LEAD
School has updated Privacy Notices and Consent Forms to ensure that we are compliant with GDPR.
Freedom of Information