We want our children to grow as confident writers who enjoy the opportunities to be creative, reflective, journalistic, persuasive, subjective or whatever the circumstances require.
We want our children to be both confident to articulate using the written word, but also to enjoy the process of sharing their thoughts and opinions via their writing.
We want our children to be aware of all the tricks and tools to both deliver authorial intent, but use those skills to decode the intent from what they read.
We will provide the children with stamina and resilience to maximise their confidence in the use of the written word.
- Foster an enjoyment of writing, helping children learn how to write in the style of these different genres and in doing so, develop recognition of the value of writing.
- Help children learn increasingly how to adapt this writing to a target audience and specific purpose.
- Develop an interest in words, both their application and meaning, and a growing personal vocabulary of both spoken and written words.
- Develop a range of strategies to enable them to spell a wide variety of words.
- Develop their powers of imagination and inventiveness.